According to the Random Acts of Kindness Foundation today is non other than Random Act of Kindness Day, as such HR Grapevine revealed a list of the top 10 random acts of kindness by companies for their workers.
- Puppy leave – Beer company BrewDog allowed their employees a week of leave to welcome their new pet into their home.
- A boss in China welcomed his staff back from new year by throwing wads of cash at them from above.
- CEO of PharmaLogics, Megan Driscoll increased the companies basic salary from £29,900 to £40,000.
- As covered on our website earlier this month, Facebook extended their bereavement leave.(https://www.highperformanceconsultancy.com/2017/02/13/facebook-extends-leave-for-grieving-employees/)
- PepsiCo’s CEO Indra Nooyi writes letter to the parents of high performing senior executive’s thanking them for the gift of their child to the organisation.
- CEO of Godel Technology, Neil Turvin, gave his employees 13K bonuses to but Ipads for sick children spending Christmas in hospital.
- Lloyds Banking Group was the first UK employer to provide gender reassignment surgery to employees.
- Netflix allows its staff to take unlimited annual leave to provide a healthy work-life balance.
- Biotechnology company Precious Cells offers employees to have theirs and their loved ones stem cells cryogenically stored in their company benefits package.
- IKEA US expanded their parental leave to up to 4 months.
All of the companies in this list are successful, so it highlights how employee happiness should be at the top of any businesses agenda. These acts may be extreme, but very effective. However even small acts then these can really boost the morale of staff and make sure you retain your workforce for the long-term and keep productivity high.
For any queries or advice regarding your HR strategy, please contact HPC on this website or through our social media.
To read the full count down, please visit HR grapevine on this link: https://www.hrgrapevine.com/content/article/series-article-2017-02-17-randomactofkindnessday-top-10-goodwill-initiatives-by-employers-1