Ten top tips for boosting company morale
High employee morale and high productivity go hand in hand. Healthy, high morale also contributes greatly toward creating a positive working environment, which we here at High Performance believe is of the utmost importance.
Here are some of our top tips for boosting morale within your organisation that will also set you on the right track for establishing a warm, welcoming working environment.
- Recognise the value of your employees – Your employees aren’t just pawns in a game of chess, they possess a great amount of value to the company. It is important that you know that and that your employees know that you know that.
- Acknowledge success – Show appreciation of a job well done, recognition of a job well done is a surefire way to boost morale.
- Perks and incentives – Incentives, perks and bonuses such as free lunches, casual Fridays and company parties create a sense of camaraderie and can lead to a massive increase in workforce morale.
- Create a positive working environment – If an employee doesn’t feel comfortable or motivated by their surroundings, morale will plummet. It’s important that you create an environment that employees will want to work in and will thrive in.
- Give them a voice – Letting your employees express their feelings, needs and concerns will make them feel greatly appreciated and comforted.
- Encourage laughter – ‘A silent office is not a happy one’ nothing creates a good vibe quite like the sound of laughter.
- Encourage breaks – Don’t overwork your employees, encourage them to take breaks, to stretch their legs and to refresh themselves.
- Music – A bit of soothing background music does wonders when it comes to creating a positive, creative environment. It certainly works a treat for the HPC team.
- Celebrate employee events – Celebrate birthdays, wedding, etc… and allow your employees to share in each other’s happiness. Celebration will boost your employee morale.
- Huddle – Regularly meeting with your workforce will increase morale. Letting everyone know what’s going on in the workplace and what progress will be made will keep your employees on point and motivated.
Do you have any additional tips for boosting morale? Let us know in the comments or tweet us @HPC_HRservices