The CITB Health & Safety Awareness is for those who have entered or are about to enter, the construction and civil engineering industry as a member of the workforce, to help them understand the potential hazards that they face at work on site.
It provides a practical summary of health and safety, welfare and environmental issues identifying individual responsibilities for looking after themselves and others, what the employer’s duties are and what should be done if they think anyone’s health and safety is being put at risk.
- The need to prevent accidents
- Health and safety law
- How your role fits into the control and management of the site
- Risk assessments and method statements
- Performing safely and asking for advice
- How to report unsafe acts to prevent an accident
The method of assessment will be by multiple-choice questions at the end of the course, as well as being expected to be interactive during the course. Certification for this course is valid for 5 years. To remain certified in this area, you will need to retake the course before the expiry date.