The 3-day IOSH Managing Safely course gives people in positions of responsibility an overview of how to identify, evaluate, and control workplace risks. It helps those responsible for the safety and welfare of other workers to assess and control workplace risks. This includes evaluating the safety systems already in place within your organisation.
This course is aimed at anyone with responsibility for other employees, including team leaders, supervisors, and managers. The course is appropriate for staff across all industries, sectors and markets. The certificate achieved at the course is a highly sought-after accreditation and supports continued professional development.
Programme and Learning Outcomes
IOSH Managing Safely includes 7 study units: Introducing managing safely, Assessing risks, Controlling risks, Understanding responsibilities, Understanding hazards, Investigating incidents and Measuring performance.
- Understand the importance of managing health and safety in the workplace
- Define the key terms relating to health and safety
- Understand how to assess, reduce, identify, and control risks in the workplace
- Measure health and safety within your own workplace
- Apply best practice principles to your organisation’s health and safety systems