The IOSH Safety for Executives & Directors course provides an understanding of the moral, legal and business case for proactive safety, health and risk management, strategic safety and health management and its integration into holistic business management systems and procedures.
This course is suitable for those who have overall operational or strategic accountability for an organisation, responsible for determining and implementing effective safety and health management and monitoring its success. It is ideal for those employed in a Director’s role; owners of small- to medium-sized enterprises or Executive/non-Executive Directors of larger organisations with governance structures.
Programme and Course Topics
IOSH Safety for Executives & Directors includes 6 modules: The moral, financial and legal case, Plan, Do, Check, Act and Leading Health & Safety at Work (HSG417).
- Board and Senior Management accountabilities.
- Corporate Manslaughter and personal liabilities.
- Benefits of having a good safety culture and an effective risk management system.
- Top level indicators of health and safety performance.
- Key actions for the board, directors and senior managers.